Yay! It's finally Summer! It's so great to be getting out doors and enjoying the warmth. But for most of you Mums you will be thinking about your children and protecting their skin against the harmful rays.
We don't want to stop them having fun outside, but we do want to make sure they are protected! So here at Wildly Woolly we have put together a few fab suggestions for the essential beach/summer day bag! Along with this we're giving you the opportunity to win 1 of 3 Green People's Organic Children's Sun lotion, details below.
1). The Bag:
First things first, and in order to carry all this great kit you need a bag. Not just any old bag, we've found a super duper bag that will have all the Mums asking where you got it from! The Notting Hill Tote bag from Pink Lining is so funky and has so many great features. Our favourite being that it's made of water resistant coated canvas - so even if it does get splashed it will keep everything nice and dry! Yay!
- 2x removable insulated bottle holders,
- 2x nappy pockets,
- pen holder, key fob, mirror, phone pocket, small zip pocket,
- padded changing mat and wet zip bag.
2). The Towel:
Let's face it, kids don't get out of the water much, once they're in, but when they do what could be better than a poncho towel to sit in whilst they dry-off. At Bebeco they have a fab Organic cotton and Bamboo towel which we love!
- Designed for little ones from 1 to 3 years.
- A blend of Organic cotton and Bamboo, creating a beautifully fluffy towel.
- Created with the help of baby swimming professionals.
3). The Swimwear:
We've discovered some really great kids swimwear from Swimbabes that in particular can help protect those babies and children who suffer from Eczema and sensitive skin. Protective creams can make babies very slippery in the water, but with these grip suits on they can splash about safely and in comfort, as well making it easy for Mum to hold on to their little ones.
- Available in ages - 0/3 months up to 1/2 years
- Available in a range of colour options
- Recommended especially for kids with sensitive skin.
4). The Hat:
These hats are so adorable, and what's more they're reversible so you ultimately get two hats for one! From the wonderful planet-friendly Kite Clothing company, who like us at Wildly Woolly, love Organic cotton - high five!
- Girls reversible hat - Using their beautiful primrose potato print and rainbow daisy print, with a little elastic at the back to ensure a good fit. Made from organic cotton because it's good for the farmers, for the planet and good for you.
- Boys reversible hat - featuring ocean print on one side and gingham check on the other, something rather special! Made from organic cotton because it's good for the farmer, good for the planet and good for you.
5.) The Sun cream:
We love this Green People's Organic Children's sun lotion.What's not to love with great reviews from Mums who's kids have had problems with other sun creams saying this one is a dream, so grab one for your little one!
- SPF 30
- Scent free.
- Its perfect for sensitive skin, and what's more they give a 30p donation to the Marine conservation society when you buy one.
6). The Sun glasses:
We have been looking all over for organic sunglasses - so if you know of any let us know! But for now we found these great kids UV protection sunglasses from Polarn O. Pyret. A great company that also offers a range of eco and organic kids things - check them out!
- Designed for 2-6 year old
- UV protection
7.) The UV Bracelet:
These inventions are incredible and we take our hats off to Nipper Skipper. The kids bracelets are made with beads that will change colour when exposed to UV, letting you know it's time to put sun cream on - now how clever is that?
- 2 funky colour options
- Changes colour when exposed to UV light
And finally ...
8). The Toy
After a fun filled day that has exhausted everyone, even the dog, it's time to head home. And your last item is probably the most important for your own sanity - their favourite Wildly Woolly toy, to cuddle and thus stop the wheels falling off, which does tend to happen even to the most angelic of children, after a fun and adventure packed day! Don't forget to pull it out from the bottom of the bag and hand it over to make the journey home a peaceful one for all!
- 100% Natural Organic cotton
- CE 0+
- Machine washable
- We've also got a Giveaway of one of our Elephant toys on Green People's Facebook page - got to be in it to win it!
Have a wonderful summer and remember to keep yourself protected too!